Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ctl70 hydraulic fluid filter change

Rio_Grande ยท 2015-10-10 20:15

We are in the field at the moment but when we get back to the shop we are due for our annual service. Plan to change the hydraulic oil and filters. I wanted to see if the filters can be changed without pulling the radiator? I think the answer is no, but I can't seem to find the one in the tank. Betting when I pull the rad I will see it. Secondly we use this unit a lot with a brush cutter so in hot temps the hydraulic temp can get very hot. My local dealer said I should be able to replace my hydro fluid with a fluid that will cool better. He diddnt know however what I should use. We are in Indiana so we see temps from 0-95 deg. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Rio_Grande2015-10-13 09:32

    I haven't had this machine long, just figured out the radiator is on a pivot. Makes things simpler.