how do you figure the cubic yard in a cone shaped pile of rock?
1/3 x 3.14 x radius squared x height
WOW I got asked that question to day also. only thing is I did not have the answer at hand and had to look it up.
thanks
Unless you measure your variables in yards instead of feet, you must divide your result from the above equation by 27.
I sometimes forget about the 27 aspect until I look at the pile and say "Thats difinately not 30,000 yards!"
Too late! Trainwreck has already submitted a bid for a quantity that's 27 time larger that it actually is... Is our Errors and Ommissions insurance paid up?
Simple. Visualize how many triaxle loads are there, and add 3-4 more. rofessor
this is taken from the Cederapids Pocket reference book. 17th edition. To find the volume of a Stockpile: use the formule : Volume = .2618 x D2 x H Example: To find the volume of a 10' stockpile that has a 26'-6" diameter Volume = .2618x (26'-6")2 x 10 volume = 1838.49 cu ft Volume ( in cu. ft ) x weight/cu. ft / 2000 = tons. volume ( in cu. ft ) /27 = Volume ( In cu. Yards.) I hoped that you haved recieved your training MIT or Cal Tech, because this seems like a lot of math to do. this little book is perfect for any one in the aggregate business. gives you every thing from dumping angles of certain materials to hardnes of rock and all kinds of data on crushers and convayors I hope this helped
Cat performence handbook tells you the same stuff.
There is just something about pie are squared though.
Good answer,but you forgot to mention compaction loss.
I was just giving him the formula to find the volume. Different materials have different compactions losses and I didnt know what type of rock he was working with.
That's the answer I was looking for...
Fair enough but more importantly he never mentioned the average size of the rock he's dealing with or whether it got there natural or was placed there earlier by some machine.This could factor in big time as I'm now sure you know.