Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins 3.3 with Zexel injection pump

Hatcher · 2025-06-09 18:54

Have a 3.3 Cummins in a chipper. Unit was idling and slowly shut down like it was out of fuel. No restart. I could hear the shut off working (felt it too) so I pulled the fuel filter and replaced it. Cranked it over for a sort while, no start, so I went to pull the filter again to see if the fuel had gone down any. Actually had more fuel in it than the pre charge, ran out as soon as I loosened it. Cracked some injector lines but no fuel. Went ahead and installed a new shutoff, verified by sound and touch it appears to work, cranked it over again with the injector lines open, still nothing. It’s a Zexel pump, the fuel line to the filter runs directly from the tank. Doubt it’s blocked because of the extra fuel in the filter after cranking it over. If It’s the pump, where can I find instructions for timing it?

Replies0

No replies yet.