Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins 6ct 8.3 Cleaning oil circuit

Southbus · 2021-06-15 09:18

Hi Folks I am trying to clean the lubrication circuit of an engine, now it is without the cylinder head, without the pistons and without the liners, I have cleaned the entire area and several solids fell on the crankshaft. Taking advantage of the fact that I have also removed the oil cooler, I would like to introduce clean oil through some hole so that it comes out especially through the holes in the crankshaft. I appreciate if you share your experiences and methods, I know that it would have been ideal to have the crankshaft but the fact that the engine is placed on a motor grader makes it very complicated. I would like to have a flow chart of the lubrication system. Although I also believe that it is time to buy a repair manual, I appreciate some link to buy it in digital format Cummins 6CT 8.3 year 1988 Cheers Cesar

Replies2
  1. #1Bluox2021-06-15 11:37

    I thought you just inframed this motor? Bob

  2. #2Southbus2021-06-15 12:33

    Hi Bob, That's right, but water began to flow into the oil through one of the shirts ... the situation depresses me, The lack of experience has given me a good punch, I am on the edge of the ledge...☠ Now all over again, I have taken the opportunity to repair the turbo (it was done by a specialist who changed the cartridge). I intend to remove the impurities that could have entered the holes in the crankshaft to begin to assemble again. This time I will use a sealant, in addition to the o ring of the shirts, to make sure this does not happen. I appreciate if you know how I can get an oil flow diagram to clean the circuit. Cesar