I have a 425 Cummins ISM when changing oil I notice metal on the drain plug with 620,000 miles on the motor I decided to have a inframe done I purchased a rebuild kit and new piston coolers from Cummins and after the work was completed we drove the truck about 1200 miles and one of the main bearings spun wiping out the crank. The truck has been at a cummins facilty for 4 weeks now and still waiting for the engine overhaul to be completed. Has anyone else had problems with Cummins rebuild kits What recourse do I have against Cummins
Who did the rebuild? What kind of inspection was done for the rebuild? Recourse is relative to the terms written on the work order and the bargaining strength of the parties involved. I haven't seen many problems with OEM parts over the years. I have seen plenty of problems with what they were installed in and how they were installed.
The mechanic that did the inframe worked for Cummins for 11 years and now works at a International dealer. The shop where the truck is now had a cummins rep come in take pictures and check that everything was installed correctly Cummins is amiting there was faults in the parts. The truck has been down for over a month, the dealer or Cummins are dragging there feet to get this truck back on the road.Should I be compensated for down time plus the cost for towing, hotel room and rental car.
Did they do a bearing roll in on the mains when they did the inframe? I've seen some guys just put a new lower half of the shell In. I've also seen people just whack the bearings in and measure nothing. If it was making metal in the pan before usually that's a sign an out of frame is required.