Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins LT10 325hp urgent help

zaheerkarim ยท 2012-10-06 14:34

I got a ERF EC10 with a Cummins LT10 325hp. All of a sudden the truck lost power and had a slight misfire and the engine rev went well above 1000rpm. I thought it could be a problem with the Diesel Pump. I managed to get a second hand pump from an accident truck. Once i fitted the pump it started well and revs were normal at about 600rpm but the problem is it doesn't accelerate. Can you help me urgently

Replies10
  1. #1Soodude2012-10-07 09:37

    I would start with air filter and fuel filter just to make sure..... Also check to make sure that your fuel tank is venting properly.... We have an international dump with an L10 in it and before we changed the tank if the fuel cap was on too tight the tank wouldn't vent making it rev up

  2. #2zaheerkarim2012-10-07 09:49

    Hi, its the older mechanical engine. Will appreciate any help on this...

  3. #3Soodude2012-10-07 09:59

    I would start with air filter and fuel filter just to make sure..... Also check to make sure that your fuel tank is venting properly.... We have an international dump with an L10 in it and before we changed the tank if the fuel cap was on too tight the tank wouldn't vent making it rev up

  4. #4zaheerkarim2012-10-07 10:02

    i checked the air filter and changed the fuel filter twice. But nothing has changed.

  5. #5Soodude2012-10-07 10:13

    I would pull the valve cover and make sure everything is ok on the top end.... Doesn't sound like the fuel is getting to where it is suppose to be.....

  6. #6zaheerkarim2012-10-07 10:15

    Will do that. Really appreciate

  7. #7sl34062012-10-07 11:14

    Check for a restriction between the fuel pump and fuel tank if you haven't already. Sounds like it's not getting enough fuel.

  8. #8zaheerkarim2012-10-07 11:31

    I checked all the fuel lines and they all seem to be fine. Now I changed the injectors and fitted the ones that came with the second hand pump which i got of an accident truck. it seems to have gotten worse. it is now misfiring and smoking a lot and I tried to drive it around and they is completely no power. I also got an STC valve with the pump I got but I haven't changed it yet. Would you think the STC would cause that?

  9. #9Soodude2012-10-07 12:30

    I'm wondering if it somehow jumped timing....

  10. #10Soodude2012-10-07 12:41

    From what I've read the STC valve are the majority of the problems on those motors.