hey guys, Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. My F250 EC LB 4x4 transmission blew up. The truck needs to be towed from Oceanside to Miramar.. AAA refuses to do it since its not going to a shop & I cant really afford to pay the $8 per mile for a tow truck. Is anyone willing to help out a fellow member? I'll be more then happy to work out something fair plus a case of your favorite beer Please PM me if you can help. Thanks, Andrew
Good gracious! $8/ mile? I have a 33k gvwr rollback, and would almost deadhead over there and get it for you at that rate. That's $3600! The going rate for a truck like mine around here is about $3. You could get a lowboy to haul it for much less.
Can you just rent a Bobcat size trailer and haul it where it's going with another F250 or something? Or a car dolly and unhook the drive shaft?
Unfortunately I dont have a secondary truck to do that, but its ok I got it handled. I understand a business has to make money but $8/ mile that 's a joke.
For when it happens in the future, get to know the big box stores with a service facility near where you live. And have it towed to their parking lot, then you can utilize a reasonably priced local tow to get it where you want. Walmart with a service center, Canadian Tires here in Canada. Just make sure the tow driver locks the keys in the vehicle and not into a drop box. Alex.
Did you get it taken care of? Are you a marine? I just saw your post. PM me, Doug
Wow I have never had an issue with triple A towing to my house. Even one time friend of mine and me built a chevy strickly for offroad use, called and said he needed towed to our other friends house, where all the land was and we were gonna leave it. No questions asked it was pickedup and dropped off without a problem.