The truck im working on is a 1996 International eagle with cummins n14 celect plus ...I have a issue with number 6 injector not recieving signal it get signal just doesn't return it ...This was code that a friend of mine that does road side work came up with hooking his high dollar computer up to it Now I replaced injector and still same miss on number 6 I tested all wires using meter and cant find anything wrong I got power to pins 21 22 23 24 and 26 with key on ..I have good grounds Ive called 25 places and all want truck in shop to test ..... I think ecm is bad and no one local can test it ...I found a few in texas and Colorado that will test for free and repair and keep ecm power range the same if its bad for 1200 Now if I get a cummins recon I have to pay 2800 plus have it flashed which is better ? haven't had this before
Sounds like you will be taking it to the aftermarket repair shop in person? Reason i ask is that i had a dead ecm and mailed it to one of these guys on ebay and he kept it after i already paid for the repair. Guy was from Texas, and claimed he never received it but i had delivery confirmation and he signed for it..... Point is be careful there. As for the Cummins recon, as i understand they are doing the same thing that any of these aftermarket repair guys are doing (except they actually provide the part!) I would confirm that Cummins actually replaces all the internal components, if i remember right they just repair what is broken and re-program to factory spec. If you have an aftermarket guy do the work i would have it set to factory spec. Seems like someone else on here had the HP turned up and had alot of problems afterward. One thought..... did you check the inline fuses? I know for sure there is one kind of above the ecm toward the firewall, you might have to dig into the loom a bit to find it. There may be another one in the same area.
Ive checked fuses and yes im scared to just mail it away ive checked each wire to pin to see if wires where shorted out ....horse power was weak it hauled beer now its hauled lowboy trailer for 7 years turned up to what I don't know
did you replace the pass threw for the injector also you could take it to the dealer and pay them to hang a test ecm on it to see if it fixes the problem
Yes sir replaced pass thur and tested all wiring
I would have swapped #6 with #5 tried that first, seen if the miss moved. I've never pulled valve covers myself on my N 14. Could you swap some wiring with another cylinder? You need to try and move the miss before you settle on the ecm as the culprit.