Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins qsx15

Timrgas ยท 2017-09-30 16:32

Hi everyone, I have a 03 kawasaki 95zv wheel loader with a beyond repair busted block cummins qsx15. My question is, the rebuilt QSX engines i have found are either super expensive or questionable in remaining life and costly too but i have found alot of ISX engines reasonably priced, can i swap out to a ISX motor? It seems like the only difference is compression and some emission stuff that might be able to be bypassed with using some parts from the busted qsx engine. Anyone ever hear about someone doing this? Or just swaping out to a totally different engine series or make? Thanks, Tim

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-10-01 20:44

    I found a complete but partially disassembled qsx15 on ebay.com, I just typed in Cummins QSX15 in search bar. I don't know where you are located but it might be worth your time it was priced 2,807.25

  2. #2Timrgas2017-10-02 16:09

    thanks Coy but seller will not ship and I don't see myself going to the Netherlands. But thanks for looking. I've been searching salvage yards and might go in that direction. Anybody got any tips on spotting a good or bad when buying a used/rebuilt engine? I plan on looking at the cam and roller for excessive wear and if it can run look for blow-by, anything else you'd recommend i'd look for?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2017-10-02 20:34

    Didn't realize where engine was sorry. You've got the idea about looking at good used engines

  4. #4Timrgas2018-08-08 11:45

    I've been done with this project for a while now but thought you guy might like some pictures.