I have a few 1999-2003 model New Holland (O&K) excavators and I have finally started having issues with getting spares, specifically for the computer and display. Question: has anybody made their own contoller/ecu? It seems like it shouldn’t be too much of issue; I have done some simple control systems for a steam turbine using raspberry pi… Anyway, just curious if anyone out there has done this with their heavy equipment?
I think it is easyier to modify the machine to be analog instead of building your own ECU. The alterative is to repair the computer and/or the display/dashboard. A reparired dashboard will probably not cause you any problems, but a repaired computer may need a new configration and to do that you need an EDS Tester which is hard to find. A company that offer repair of O&K computer and display is: ecu-repair.eu but i dont know much about them.
Ok. Thanks for the info.