Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

custom models ?

cummins05 ยท 2009-11-17 07:29

Any person here build or know people who will build custom models im looking for replicas of the iron i used to own lots of pics and some vid could be provided not sure witch scale is best for it so that i will talk to the builder about .

Replies7
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2009-11-17 14:11

    Here are a couple of ideas. Don Campbell www.doncampbellmodels.com He makes metal fabricated replicas, and does top notch work. Most of his models are around 1:12 scale DHS Diecast has a group called DHS Artisans, and they do custom models to order. Most I have seen are in 1:50 scale http://www.dhsdiecast.com/dhs/customs/artisan/index.html Hope that helps some.

  2. #2cummins052009-11-17 14:15

    thank you very much i doubt i could afford one of Mr. Campbell units there rather large and very well detailed. Im goin to check into DHS thanks very much

  3. #3D5G2009-11-17 15:33

    05cummins: I want to forwarn you; the DHS Artisan does an amazing job, but is quite expensive. As for scales, I would say either 1:50th scale or 1:87th scale would be your best bet for a fleet of custom iron. Good luck.

  4. #4cummins052009-11-17 16:56

    I have trouble finding a 1 50 scale tridrive t 800 kenworth with a jeep and tri axle low boy 2004 A hitachi 450 in same scale as truck those are the two i want now more to come

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2009-11-17 17:41

    Try this T-800 tri drive with a 4 axle flip lowboy. 4th axle is removable This is the white one, but there are other colors available. I have 2 and they are nice models. No jeep here, but there is also a 13 axle combination. http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=7002 http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=5902 Here is a 450 Hitachi on E-bay. DHS must be sold out on them. I have this too and is a good model. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ertl-Hitachi-Za...ItemQQptZDiecast_Vehicles?hash=item1c0c4ed835

  6. #6cummins052009-11-17 17:57

    wow thanks man that is exactly what im lookin for for a 450 the truck is close enough

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2009-11-17 19:12

    Thought you might like that. You can browse their site and come up with a whole basket of goodies.