I have several scissor jacks they are handy never thought about making them power jacks good ideal.
Yep, gonna steal that idea! I took a scissor jack from a 2500 Chevy and welded a nut on the end of the threaded rod. Now it is my favorite light duty jack, I just use my Milwaukee impact.
Picked the front wheel up on a fully loaded F250.
I built this to support long pieces of steel in my chop saw. Very handy to have it adjustable.
Slick
Welded M16 (15/16 **) nuts on apair of sissor jacks and use for all sorts . Love Old Doug's . Must copy .
Use the clutch or go slow on the way down. https://streamable.com/cchd9u
I have one similar but instead of bolts I used chain links and cut an opening so the wrench can’t slide out or twist.accepts up to a 2” wrench. I’d post a pic but it’s currently 2400 miles from me.
Now you gotta tell us what the custom pullers pull
That was windshield wiper arm puller. The thingy a couple pics above is brake puck turner tool.
I've attended more than a few estate auctions of old mechanics that had a whole corner of homemade tools, many of them very well built but they always went for scrap because no one knew what they were for. Always find some way to identify your homemade tools.
But that’ll take all the mystery out of it!
Tool box hammer.
Are they all hammers?
Love those little jacks .They come in so handy.
I made the hammer for the crane truck. A good one seems to walk off but that is sposed to stay with the truck.
Above. One of the handiest things I ever come up with started as a thing while I was waiting. That tray on the seat, there is a hammer and a cpipe wrench within reach and lots stuffed in the cab. But I am a career welder and emotionally tethered to a torch like a security blanket and have an anxiety attack if I am too far from one even though it wasnt statistically worth hauling around the last few years.
Well here is one of the simplest tools. Actually can not recall exactly what it was for, just remember that it was made to let me install and remove a retainer of some kind on a limited slip differential almost surely in an F150-250 ford truck. Seem to recall there was some fancy factory tool shown to do the job, but as this was the first and most likely last time I would be doing the job no way I could justify the cost of the tooling. The more I look at it and think about it I'm thinking it went between the inner ends of the axle shafts to push them to the outside to let me install the shaft for the pinion gears!
Yes, I seem to recall that same job somewhere long ago if not far away and we rig something similar. Seems it was in some kind of 1T. I think it was a black one,,, ha