Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Customer experiences with RS industrial engines Houston

XSKIER ยท 2021-03-10 16:05

Has anyone on this board placed an order, and been satisfied with this outfit? I've found them through an ebay listing for a motor I'm after. The price seems to good to be true, and they don't take credit cards.. This raises two red flags for me in buying sight unseen.

Replies7
  1. #1joe--h2021-03-11 00:49

    Search says https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/engine-world/houston-texas-usa-wholesale-s-1496735 https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/profile/engine-equipment/engine-world-usa-0915-22010196 Ebay feedback sez the same.

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-03-11 07:35

    I know nothing about them. But, Paypal is the best way to pay for anything purchased on ebay. Ebay and Paypal almost always favor a buyer when there is dispute. That seller states he will take as much as 30 days to ship the motor after payment is received. Not good ! $500.00 to $600.00 shipping is a little excessive to. High shipping and handling charges are common on eBay. It is just a way to increase the price on low priced items.

  3. #3Vetech632021-03-11 08:05

    Yikes!!

  4. #4XSKIER2021-03-11 22:08

    They are quite pushy with the follow up calls and emails asking for the sale. I think that I'll pass on doing business with them and look elsewhere.

  5. #5absoluteyukon2021-03-17 22:37

    We recently purchased a C3.3B crate motor from them due to availability issues with Cat. Engine was shipped promptly on payment for a reasonable price (even after currency exchange). The product arrived as advertised and is currently back in service without any issues. We would do business again with them.

  6. #6XSKIER2021-03-24 20:15

    Ended up going with Hoover in PA. Their motor more directly matched the spec I need. I'll update the files when the unit is back in service.

  7. #7XSKIER2021-03-30 22:56

    The hoover tech motor came in as advertised, and the crankcase was already full of oil. Dropped it in, fuel line, coolant hoses, 4 wire connections, no priming. Fired right up like it was already warm.