Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Customer over paid me by $21766.00

DPete ยท 2015-09-30 20:21

Thought it was Christmas already Paid it back, now they think I'm the cats meow. Never had that happen before and probably never will again.

Replies6
  1. #1JNB2015-09-30 21:11

    Now that's one heck of a tip!

  2. #2lumberjack2015-09-30 22:25

    I know a guy here locally that has a street sweeping service. Someone at Walmart made a mistake and overpaid him to the tune of 6 figures. For whatever reason, they can't take the money back, so he's working it off on their standard contract.

  3. #3apetad2015-10-04 20:00

    If you get paid money you're not owed you send it back

  4. #4old-iron-habit2015-10-05 09:46

    In the US overpayment is required by law to be paid back, including wages. Sometimes not so easy to collect it.

  5. #5DPete2015-10-05 11:29

    Had one of my 623's to the dealer for hitch rebuild this spring, they overcharged me $880.00. Paying me back was never mentioned just store credit. So what's the difference? I issued a check back to the customer the 2nd day after I found the error. Re: the hitch, I probably could have gotten a refund if I whined loud enough but it was not offered and no telling how much red tape would be involved.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2015-10-06 01:00

    You did the right thing DPete and can sleep easy. A large CA healthcare company I used to work for overpaid a worthless employee that was getting laid off 10 times the amount he was due that week. The paid him $5,000 and change instead of $500 and change. He called me and told me about it and I asked him to hold it until Monday and offered to loan him some cash to get by. He could not stand it and went and made a down payment on a newer conversion van. Low and behold they kept him on the payroll for another 2 years until he repaid it at ten percent of his pay each week. On a side note he lost the van when they repossessed it.