Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cut-quick saw

Dominion 410 ยท 2010-05-31 20:54

Been using Stihl cut-quicks for years here.Not sure if I'm that impressed with our latest purchase-a TS420 with 14"blade.Any other reputable makes maybe we should demo? Dominion:canada

Replies4
  1. #1diggerdave19582010-06-09 10:02

    Hey, Dominion 410. I have a Wacker BTS-1035 and its a pretty good saw. It replaced my Partner. The Wacker is some what heavier than the Partner but not that bad. both of my saws are 14"

  2. #2Dominion 4102010-06-09 20:57

    cut-quick Thanks Digger, will check one out.

  3. #3Turbo218352010-06-09 21:34

    I have an older K700 Partner that is a darn good saw. I need to fix the broken handle mounts and get it back in use. Bought the thing used for $400 from a guy who went out of business and had 3 saws kicking around. Last summer I picked up the updated version of the saw. The husky/partner version. Good all around saw, just like the pervious model. I prefer the partners/huskys over the sthils. They are lighter, makes one heck of a difference when you are in a tight spot, which I always seem to get into. They also seem to have better dealer support than sthils do, at least locally. I think if i were to do it again I would go with the bigger k1250. Kills the weight aspect, but it would give me a bigger cutter. Maybe ill just have to go out and get the K1250 and keep the K760 with me as well.

  4. #4barklee2010-06-10 21:58

    husky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have about 20 gas saws and the partner/ huskys are the best by far. They are lighter, have more power, start easier, and arent constantly causing small problems (pull ropes, sticking chokes). From what i have seen parts are a bit cheaper as well. I havent bought many parts though.... they really dont break! Hilti saws arent bad either. I have an older one and it has alot of power but is heavy. Just pray that it never breaks