Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CX85C case

southernman13 · 2026-07-13 08:50

Not looking for one but saw one for sale. I like it has the regular boom and not the swing boom. Very nice looking unit. All the ones I saw have the steel undercarriage and rubber pads Not sure I would like that. Are these Hyundai machines ? Or sumitotto ? I Know they have both. I have a Kato85 and it a nice machine but it does have the swing boom. Not been an Issue I just don’t use it.

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2026-07-17 09:31

    Are you sure its not an E series. The 85E is built by Case (Case bought the company some years ago that builds them) along with the 75 and 90 E. The 90 being swing boom. I have not run the 85 but have run the 90E. Very fast, well balanced. According to those I know, these new mini excavators are popular. More updated than the 75 and 80 Sumitomo machines and that they replaced. Case is no longer using the Sumitomo machines in the Midi class only the full size machines. Everything from smallest to the 90E are built in house now. There are no more Hyundai machines in their line up. The new machines 6 ton and below are D series, 75 and above are E series which depicts the new machines.

  2. #2southernman132026-07-17 10:48

    Yes you are correct it is the E series. Funny thing is I could assure I looked back on it because I thought too. It was an easy series and it said it was a C but I guess I just couldn’t see straight lol

  3. #3southernman132026-07-17 19:35

    Well that didn’t come out like I sent it lol. Yes I too thought it was an E series, but I swear I looked back at the ad and saw that it was a C series but I just just couldn’t. C hehehehee anyway thanks for the reply and it looks like a very nice machine.