I am rebuilding the lift cyls on a 700H can someone send me a parts breakdown I cannot seem to locate anything online
Deere 700H I assume?
Yup
You can find the parts breakdown and part numbers online at the Deere website PJ, there's a serial number break, up to 942019, then 942020 and up.
That's what I tried but it just said "not available" I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or their site was down......me like an idiot I said lift cyl I meant angle cyl duh
No worries, I can assure you it works. When you said 700H, I had a feeling you were referring to a Deere. I went to the website and pulled up the parts catalog and did the search for a 700H, worked just fine for me.
Yeah I just remembered that it doesn't work on iPad, I'll have to wait till Monday When I'm around a regular comp
Darn the bad luck. :Banghead
This is the cylinder used on machines up to s/n 942019.
Is it strange that a small internal snapring holds the gland in ? It's only about 1/8th inch thick..... Pj
One would think so PJ, but an 1/8" of tempered steel can be quite strong when used properly. In this case that retainer ring is caged when the gland is in proper position, a connection like that can take a lot of stress.
Your right I'm sure....... Sheer strength on a 1/8" piece of steel as hard as kryptonite that's about 12" long and in circular shape in tolerances that tight is probably ridiculous strong...... Well strong enough anyways lol. It's held up all these years I haven't seen it before but maybe it's more common than I think it is ? I'll try to post some pics tomorrow when I getter tore down May be a real trick getting it out of there if it's as hard as I think it is. Pj
Your right I'm sure....... Sheer strength on a 1/8" piece of steel as hard as kryptonite that's about 12" long and in circular shape in tolerances that tight is probably ridiculous strong...... Well strong enough anyways lol. It's held up all these years I haven't seen it before but maybe it's more common than I think it is ? I'll try to post some pics tomorrow when I getter tore down May be a real trick getting it out of there if it's as hard as I think it is. Pj
Well, I haven't done a cylinder on a 700H, but that type of connection, gland retained by a retainer ring I have done before on other machines. In most I've worked on, once you knock the gland back into the bore of the cylinder and remove the retainer ring, the gland resists being removed. Over time and pressure of operating the cylinder, the retaining ring is pushed outward by extreme pressure on the gland. This pressure pushing the retaining ring outward causes a slight kerf or burr of the groove that retaining rings fits in. If you can push the gland into the cylinder far enough you can polish the kerf away with emery cloth. If not, it takes several attempts of pushing the piston to the bottom of the cylinder then blasting it out with a shot of air at piston port to knock the gland past the kerf. Just stay out of the way when if finally comes out.
That kit will have an orange wedge in it Once you drive the gland in you place the wedge in the groove and remove the gland.
Not sure what that is to be honest I've never heard it called that..... I got it done the other day it took about 15min each, drive beat the gland back remove snap ring and air up the backside and she goes shooting across the shop
LoL, that's typically the way I do it PJ.