Hi, does anywone have a picture of the hydraulic tank system of my cat D6c 1971? There is a leak from the tank where the controls go in to the tank, i have the parts book for my machine but there is no information about the hydraulic tank in the book.
Seals around the the control levers are the problem,also may need new contol levers the shafts get wore and new seals won't hold. There is a another parts book you need for the hydraulic tank. The bad part it that the seals are inside the tank.You have to remove the tank and split it to get to the seals.I think this has been discussed on here if you can do a search and find it.Good luck
Thanks, will do.
Did the same fix on my 6c last winter. You have to pull the hyd tank, split it, and you may have to pull the valve body to remove the shafts. The shafts will no doubt have a goove worn in them and when I did mine they were either quite expensive or not available. I ended up welding up the shafts, turning them down, and polishing them. The whole job was kind of a pain but had to be done because of the amount it was leaking. Also, while I had the tank out I rebuilt the decelerator pedal linkage and friction brake since it was easier to work on without the tank in place.