Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cylinder bushings

curb guy ยท 2011-04-19 23:31

Hey guys, I have a couple of 690E LC deere hoes that are in need of bushing replacement on several cylinders. My question is, should I buy them from Deere or,make them myself. I have a pretty extensive machine shop, If I do end up making them, what kind of steel would you recommend? Any help would would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1jeff1122011-04-20 08:28

    If they are cheap enough compared to time and material to make them,I would just buy them,if you talk to a aftermarket maker or supplier they may tell you what is used,and if they have the pins and bushings heat treated,I know it can be expensive. I have replaced many pins and bushings and made some for a breaker that I could not buy ,other than that I would check around for prices.

  2. #2TOM V2011-04-20 08:38

    Hey curb guy, I usally use 4140 then send them to the heat treater then grind the id/od. I found it is not cost effective, only for custom applications. Check out ebushing.com. Good luck TOM V

  3. #3curb guy2011-04-20 22:58

    Thanks for the replies guys! I kinda figured it would'nt be cost effective, but had to ask. I will check out ebushings.Just a thought, I think a section devoted to aftermarket parts suppliers would be a hit, whatcha think?

  4. #4nowing752011-04-25 13:10

    nice truck Tom v,is that yours?

  5. #5TOM V2011-04-25 15:49

    Thanks , yes that is mine.