Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cylinder Bushings: Case 1845c

Larpy ยท 2020-06-04 07:54

I need to replace the cylinder bushings on one of my Case 1845c. Can I make my own and what type of steel are they made of? I tried looking for stock to cut my own on places like McMaster but no luck. At $22 a piece making my own seems appealing!

Replies5
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2020-06-04 08:10

    there is some discussion on this topic on https://www.facebook.com/groups/252490205948998

  2. #2Larpy2020-06-04 09:16

    Thanks I read that but unfortunately no information on specifics

  3. #3Ed ke6bnl2020-06-04 09:20

    If you do not get an answer I am sure most of the Machining groups will have a quick answer.

  4. #4alrman2020-06-04 17:30

    Bushings need to be hardened after being machined & sometimes then ground to size after - hence the expense. Induction hardening is the process used by the makers of CNH bushings.

  5. #5Larpy2020-06-04 17:37

    That makes sense. They are not horribly priced but I have three machines and was going to do them all.