Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cylinder Head for Cat 305CR

63 caveman ยท 2019-07-22 15:46

I'm looking for a cylinder head for a Mitsubishi K4N (crack in combustion chamber not repairable), Cat part # 246-3071. Was quoted $1800 for a bear casting from Cat. Was wondering if someone may know of another source (it seems like a high price for that 4 hole head).

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2019-07-22 16:45

    Same Part Number $1450 from a dealer I'm logged into but they're out West. Sure someone isn't taking you for a ride..? Ask ksh to price it from Milton in NY

  2. #263 caveman2019-07-22 18:30

    Thanks Nige, I"ll give them a ring tomorrow.

  3. #3heymccall2019-07-22 22:52

    My dealer shows $1507.18

  4. #4RTSmith2019-07-23 15:15

    Thompson in Nashville shows $1529.02 and one available in Atlanta. 44#, probably not too bad shipping cost

  5. #5kshansen2019-07-23 19:32

    That 246-3071 number from Milton Cat which shows availability in York comes up as $1456.21. I'm not sure if that might include a "discount" for the company where I used to work. They are a large international company, so might get a cut in price. A little more digging and that is a head without valves, but does appear to at least have the guides!

  6. #6Nige2019-07-24 04:31

    Strangely enough that's the exact same price as I'm seeing it.

  7. #7bruce maclennan2020-09-30 15:37

    i need a head for 305 engine model kan

  8. #863 caveman2020-10-01 05:28

    Sorry I never finished what I started here. I did ask my local dealer to check the price stating the prices you guys posted and he came back with $1400. Got that head and put it back in service and has bin running well since (no overheating). @ bruce maclennan, The cat house was the only place I could find the K4N head. Is yours not repairable?