Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ihi final drive grease nipple

Symoore22 ยท 2019-07-16 04:24

Hi, I have an ihi 011s mini excavator. I wanted to change the final drive gear oil but all I could find was a grease nipple. Should this be expected on an older machine? How often and how many pumps would be required to keep the gears well greased? Haven't found anything online to help me so thought I would post. Thanks very much.

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632019-07-16 06:53

    That looks like grease zert for a bearing cap. Is that the inside of the view of the final drive housing?

  2. #2Symoore222019-07-17 03:04

    The first picture is the outside view. Am I looking in the wrong place? I took a picture of the inside view of the final drive. Thanks for your help

  3. #3Nige2019-07-17 04:49

    I dunno about anyone else but those two plugs look to me like fill/drain plugs. Thinking out loud I wonder if the grease fitting on the outside is for lubricating the outboard end of the tumbler shaft..?

  4. #4Vetech632019-07-18 07:12

    I think Nige is on track here ^^^^^