Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cylinder seal

RoccoHD ยท 2020-09-21 13:45

Trying to put a new seal kit in a hydra leveling cylinder on an old Case 580ck. Inside the gland it takes a u-cup seal with o-ring and also there is a fiber washer-like seal. Not sure what side of the u-cup it should go on. The original seal had deteriorated so badly I couldn't determine the location. Any help out there?

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-09-21 21:00

    From the service manual,Rocco !

  2. #2RoccoHD2020-09-21 21:35

    That's everything I need. Thanks for taking the time.

  3. #3RoccoHD2020-09-21 21:51

    Could I trouble you for a recommendation on a service manual provider. I've purchased online versions of the parts manual as well as the owners manual but would like to get a hard copy of a service manual.

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-09-22 09:51

    Be very careful when shopping. Read the sellers description of the publication. It has to be for a 580CK, period. The engine description at the top of the page I'm posting is the correct manual for the earliest 580's. here is a link to the listing. ---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580-5...789849?hash=item56d6f86299:g:ehwAAOSwSmxeXrZM

  5. #5RoccoHD2020-09-22 10:37

    Thank you again~Rocco