Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D-11R Dozers

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-12 18:14

Here are a couple pictures of me checking out a couple D-11R's The foreman I spent the afternoon with said he was responsible for keeping 110 Cat machines running. Forty-Five D11r's and 38 D-10's !! Very cool day !! The last picture is two Cat D11-R models I built. These were the very first dozer models I ever made.

Replies9
  1. #1doncampbell2009-02-12 19:54

    link to 20 more D-11R dozer pictures Here is a link showing several more dozer pics from the coal mine I visited and several more pictures of the all steel D11R large scale models of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKE5BGXrJLY

  2. #2d6peg2009-02-12 20:30

    Don, I checked out your website last night and you have some awesome models. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of money would a person be looking at for a model of a D6R?

  3. #3doncampbell2009-02-13 13:52

    Thanks for the kind words about my models. I hand build every part of every model out of steel, they are all welded and bolted together. They are 1/12th scale or larger to make it easier to build. 99% of my models are also one of a kind models. I have built 13 dozers so far and the price for what you would want is five thousand. Much cheaper probably to find a real one , ha,ha. The crazy thing is , I have sold every dozer model I have built so far. My wife thinks I'm crazy selling them that high priced, my daughter thinks i need to raise the price , ha,ha. The reality is I know model builders who are several years behind on orders , I am only three months behind so i must be in the right price range and not overloaded with orders. Hope I have answered your questions, feel free to ask more .

  4. #4curly2009-02-13 18:25

    Just curious, are they functioning or stationary models?

  5. #5doncampbell2009-02-13 19:27

    My models are just static models. I looked into the cost of motors, hydraulic cylinders , pumps servos , controller and $6,000.00 would get them working. So i never wanted to put another $6,000.00 into the models. But they would be very cool as working RC models.

  6. #6surfer-joe2009-02-13 19:34

    Don, your name is familiar to me. Did your dad ever teach at the Gaylord high school? I see the dozers are from Carter-pillar, which mine did you visit?

  7. #7doncampbell2009-02-13 20:13

    Hi Joe, A lot of people around think we are related to those Campbell's, but we aren't . The Mines were in Va.

  8. #8Dozer5752009-02-13 21:11

    Keep em running! What are they doing there? A mine?

  9. #9doncampbell2009-02-14 08:12

    Ridge mining , they had a couple Cat 5230 shovels too.