Here are a few new Cat dozers.
Looks like you were in Wilkes-Barre. Where do you live granite ?? I live in Dallas and most of my work is in the Mountain Top area.
Cat D8T Here's some more Cat D8T pictures. From NC Machinery in Anchorage , Alaska. :usa Notice the differences. NC Machinery's has the top carrier roller fitted, and the 3 shank ripper. The Air Filter ? must be for fresh cab air? The one with the hose going down the side of the window . Never seen anything like that. Has the full "U" dozer . 15 yd capacity. The red accent stripe has been dropped. Thought that red accent stripe always looked nice.
Yeah, I usually swing by Cleveland Bros once a week. I live just outside of Clarks Summit. (P.S., the blade is on the D8T now ) Thanks Northart for sharing those D8T pics, that is one sweet dozer.
hey guys what going on? I'm no dozer guy and have been wondering why from what I have seen the D5k and D6k have regular tracks now rather then the high tracks? I figure somebody can answer that for me. Thanks in advance.
D5K replaced the D5G, which was an oval track machine. D5N's are still available, which is a high track. The D6K is a new offering from Cat in oval track machines, the D6N and D6T are still options for high track 6's.
Great pics. :drinkup Am I right in thinking that the D5K is on system one tracks etc but the D8T's are on SALT tracks. The ones pictured I dont mean across the world. I am looking at the idlers, I thought / understood the idlers on system one run inside the rails or is this incorrect?
AtlasRob, I have heard that they are not offering the machine with suspended bottom roller the System One tracks. So for now it looks like it is only available for D7 and smaller. You are correct that the idlers for System One are different. They are one piece and not a fabricated wheel. There are no steps on the wheels and the bushings directly contact the wheel and not the rails. That air filter on the cab is I believe for the cab are. I think that was a custom job though as I haven't seen it on any other units yet.
If you look close, the D8T in my pic has one too.
the operator that run are 8T said that it feels light in the front. compare to the 8R.
Thanks John, It didnt even register that the T was on suspended rollers or that it made a difference :Banghead I was just a bit suprised that the system one was now available ( too my limited knowledge) on big tractors ( D8's) in the UK but was not being fitted as standard on newer tractors in the States. Of course I'm relating to older tractors pre Hi drive. :notworthy :drinkup
Is it just me, or is each generation of dozers a little smalller than the one before it?? The track frames on that 8T just dont look to be as big as the ones one and 8R or even 8N. And its a shame they dropped that red stripe..... that fender is WAYYY to yellow for my tastes. Would be a nice place to put a company sticker, tho.
Here's an updated pic from today, with the blade attached.
2007 Cat D8T Looks like 2007 was the last year with the red accent stripe .
The signature red stripe went away with the introduction of the Power Edge graphics, which were introduced in 2006 on the M-Series graders. The Power Edge logos have since made their way across the entire product line. Here is the press release: http://www.cat.com/cda/components/fullArticle?m=38580&x=7&id=343609
Graphics ? Hello Granitefan713, Huh , well that is a 2007 model year Cat D8T . Looks like the change was not implemented till the 2008 model year, on the dozers. Geez I miss the old locations , of the models. Knew just where to search for them when driving by. Huh, they just can't keep things the same ! Years ago we bitched when nothing new came out . LOL , Now it is hard to keep up with the constant change, new models, LOL , Even the salesmen look bewildered , when asked about some feature. LOL Too much turmoil in the product line. :notworthy
The D-8R is a little heavier and has more horsepower than a D-8N, and the D-8T is a little heavier than the R, and even more power. The "N" series is the only ones smaller than the ones they replaced, at least in the big dozers. As for the track frames, with some minor changes to correct weaknesses, they are pretty much the same from the N to the R to the T, and the tracks are the same The T is a heavier dozer than the R, so that does not make sense. It could come down to how the ones he ran were outfitted, what blades and ripper combinations, as well as track shoe width. Also, the T is a touch quicker than the R, both in groundspeed and in hydraulics, depending on the operator selected setting on the T. I have a lot of time on both models, and I will take the T any time, but the R is a very close second.
haha all i know is, these new dozers look so nice i wouldn't want to get it dirty.. pull it in the driveway, wash it down, put a coat of wax on it, and just stare into the shine....lol almost tooooo nice for work!!
I know what you mean! I'd be afraid to scratch it, lol.
Oh nice the sloped side on the 5. Cat sure needs some help in the design department.
Maybe you should be hired....
it maybe heavier then a R model but is it balanced. the T feels like it has more weight towards the rear of the tractor. compard to the R witch feels like more weight is towards the front. but still a good tractor
You know Bob, there are times here where you really come across as being ignorant of this industry. Just from looking at the photos posted here I can tell those "sloped sides" will allow the operator to see ground closer to the machine than if they were squared off. Perhaps if you were to actually sit in one before sounding off you could avoid sticking your foot in your mouth. Or, is it your opinion that a machine should be designed for appearance rather than functionality???
Design ? Hello Steve, You are right about , Dozer 575 . I seen his ennuciations over the years, nothing valid. OzDozer, Deas Plant, Catsilver,others, Etc, extremely competent , knowledgeable people (30 yrs +) in the industry and others , have refuted the dubious claims. The new , Caterpillar , John Deere, Komatsu,others,etc., all have "sloped sides". Maybe he has not sat in the seat, and run one ? Later, Northart
Having spent some time on the newer ones, as well as the older iron, I can tell you the visibility is far better with those sloped sides you seem to hate. Each generation of tractors seems to be a little improvement over the prior model. I am not sure where you are coming from when you run down all the Cat dozers with nearly every post. If they were as bad as you seem to think, then they would not be leading the market in sales. Aside from that, most all nbew equipment of any brand has sloped sides, front and rear as well. It all has to do with safety and production. If you can better see what you are doing, you can get more of it done.
Jerry, I couldn't agree more. Cat spends tens of millions of dollers on research and design to improve the operator ergonimocs to improve safety and operator productivity. It is a combination of machine controls, cab enviroment, and machine design. It is not always the case, but a majority of the time Cat is a leader in machine innovation. That being said, there is a reason for instance Cat holds over 80% of the world market share in D8 class dozers.
well its not a d5k but it is a K Heres some pics of the D3K's we had over the fall semester at Pennsylvania College of Technology to operate
What'd you think?
well to be honest, that small dozer in the first post has been thumped energetically with the ugly stick... reminds me of a ML mercedes, a nice enough car in the design stakes if you are a woman. so, you did ask...
well our teacher rented them from our local Cat dealer and they were brand new I think one had only 10 or so hours on it and we were all pretty let down with them. We have a shale pit that we load stone out of and they were to gutless to really push any of it and they were small enough that when doing a cut carry fill or finish grade that you felt every pebble you would go over and at the end off the day your body hurt from being bounced around.... We have a D3G that my school owns and that thing was actually nicer than our K's
oh I didnt realize I posted the same pic twice I have another one for ya's
Welcome to HEF sandbox from a PCT alumni myself:drinkup, Small dozers are like that, you'll feel every pebble in them, haven't personally run a K, but it's sort of a surprise to hear they were gutless... did they have rippers, cause the added weight will make a dozer more stable. just a thought:beatsme
nope no rippers but that could be why our G was nicer cause that one did have a ripper
D6K Hillhead 2007 Hi Guys just having a go at putting pictures on. Heres a D6K demonstrating hands free GPS at Hillhead quarry show in the UK 2007
Small world I am from Avoca. Small World, I would love to get some hillside ice cream.