Not really, but what if two D-6's are pushing side-by-side. This was alot of fun today. We are pushing about 300 feet across the new cell to the slope. Our hoe skinner took these pics of me and Tim and gave them to me.
I have pushed fill dirt that way before. You can move a lot if both guys are on the same page and watch what they are doing. Nice pics.
Very nice! Two of our dozer operators took a 6R and 8R and did that, pretty impressive to see them coming through the fill.
That looks pretty good. I am guessing that is a T and a R models? What type of GPS is that?
Yes sir, it is a R and a T. We use Trimble GPS. The T is set up for automatics, the R isnt. I am running the R just blowing the rock in close, then Tim comes along and makes it pretty! The big problem we have found between the two Cats, is the T is a bit faster than the R. Empty or loaded. So when we side by side like this, Tim has to hook my wing and help me along, or try to keep his foot on the decelerator pedal to make me keep up! We have a good time, no matter what. Jason
We have the Trimble GPS on all of our new T's. They have been getting rid of the old R models and getting new T's with GPS. Those T's are some sweet dozers. Most of our T's have strait blades, only two have 6-ways. Your GPS globes (tops) look a little thinner then ours.
It's probably the older style recievers, not sure about JTL's but our newer dozers have the newer GPS recievers that are more "melon" shaped than sauce like the 13" ones.
I love team pushing like that. I know of a trio of brothers who build oil leases here is Alberta and they all run D9's stripping topsoil and leveling clay all done by 3-dozer team pushing.
Instead of a D12 shouldn't this be called a D6Tx2?
I'm pretty sure this would be the quickest route to my brother and me arguing/fighting/bleeding, assuming we're no good at it. I wouldn't know, only have 1 baby dozer.