Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D 358

Sberry ยท 2025-03-06 09:00

Seems I am back to this. Want exhaust manifold gasket for the cornbinder engine. I can't confess to looking closely at it. I have a chassis manual but not engine. Seems maybe it was dealer only ,, was going to look at Dons Diesel but I figured someone has it somewhere??? Not sure if it's a sophisticated gasket or simple? Fuel shut off cable faulted the other day too. We been shoving other projects out and want to get back to this.

Replies18
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-07 10:17

    Need to post serial number, year, make and model, as identification is the most important thing to get to problem solving. Okay looking machine. Maybe someone else will chime in. Simon C

  2. #2Sberry2025-03-07 19:31

    I will in the morning. It's really a 515B. I do have serial on my desk. It's simple and runs good and I have block heater. There is cab heat and I have covered parking. It's really utility. Low hrs of use and wouldn't help to be fancier. Could use a better front window and would if used more.

  3. #3Sberry2025-03-07 19:33

    I had minor fuel leak and fuel shut off cable seized. I put pipe on exhaust and might wash engine Monday.

  4. #4Sberry2025-03-08 08:18

    I wonder if the gaskets are reinforced or are plain sheet? If plain would make them.

  5. #5Simon C2025-03-08 09:42

    Exhaust gaskets are special material. Don't know what is available for your machine. Simon C

  6. #6Sberry2025-03-08 10:30

    Yes. I am aware. I have hi temp material but was wondering if the OEM were reinforced?

  7. #71466IH2025-03-08 10:43

    Check here. I'm sure someone has a set of gaskets and manuals sitting on a shelf somewhere IH Construction Equipment Crawlers, Payloaders, Scrapers, etc. www.redpowermagazine.com

  8. #8Sberry2025-03-08 11:51

    They were simple steel crush gaskets. I have 3 ports are crude. I am going to fuss with the sander and might use heavy header gasket material and make them . Trying to get it sanded enuf a it doesn't bridge the flange. I remember now, thanks for the heads up on red power. After a while all these jobs run together.

  9. #9Sberry2025-03-08 11:52

    Going to see how straight it is in a min.

  10. #101466IH2025-03-08 14:26

    It is crude and not ideal but in a pinch I used old gaskets and either sprayed them with a couple layers of copper coat or painted on a heavy layer of copper antisieze

  11. #11Sberry2025-03-08 17:37

    Like a dipstick I got greedy and broke an ear. It's not as bad as it was but might pull it out to see if I can fix it.

  12. #12Sberry2025-03-09 11:00

    It was a fresh crack and welded decently. I really need to get it ground

  13. #13Shimmy12025-03-09 11:13

    Here you go. Should be able to find a CaseIH dealer to help out, if they are willing. questions about 358 Hi there, I have heard that a D358 will fit into a 706 tractor. I have also heard the same of the DT358. Is this true? What differences are there between the the two engines (mounting, turbo or non,exhaust orientation,etc ) and what models did IH put them into? Were there different versions of th... www.redpowermagazine.com

  14. #14Shimmy12025-03-09 11:15

    You may be SOL unless you can find a helpful CNH dealer. International/Dresser was bought out by Komatsu who immediately if not sooner made parts impossible to get.

  15. #151466IH2025-03-09 11:48

    There are WAAAY more D358's in ag equipment than there ever was in construction equipment.

  16. #16Shimmy12025-03-09 12:28

    I honestly have no idea. Was just posting what was said on Red Power.

  17. #171466IH2025-03-09 12:57

    There are still a ton of those tractors listed on that site still in use. The combines listed though are pretty few because they were the smallest of their series. Is this you gasket? Shows my dealer has them on hand 3132434R1 | GASKET, MANIFOLD | Case IH | MyCNH US Store Case IH - GASKET, MANIFOLD #3132434R1 www.mycnhstore.com

  18. #18Sberry2025-03-10 09:35

    After I looked till my eyes were blurry and done they pop up on Ag Parts,,, I had pecked at that site. I cracked the thing but it welded right up. I been looking for someone with a grinder, its out and has a slight twist. Taking about 020 or 030 off would true it up. I figured they were used in ag. This eng had been ohauled or remaned at some point, really runs nice.