Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d 8n transmission removal

burns ยท 2018-01-24 14:12

i have a failed transmission in my d8n 9tc im pulling the diff assembly with it do I need to remove any diff steer components with itor can I just remove all axles and bring it out the back regards

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2018-02-03 12:09

    I believe the differential assembly is part of the transmission and all comes out as one. Pulls the stub shafts from the final drives and it should all come out. If I'm wrong someone will be along to inform both of us.

  2. #2kshansen2018-02-03 14:52

    Burns, Here is the first steps about removing transmission: Remove Transmission And Bevel Gears NOTE: Two methods exist to remove the power shift transmission planetary. a. The method described here: Remove transmission and bevel gears from the tractor and then separate the bevel gears from the planetary. This is easiest and most preferred method since it allows the weight of the transmission and bevel gears to be supported by the rollers that are attached to the bevel gear case. b. The method described in the topic, Remove And Install Transmission Planetary. It is the least recommended procedure due to the additional tooling that is necessary and the higher degree of difficulty. If you would like to send me private message, now know as "Start a Conversation" with a direct email address I could send you the eight page file on the removal from SIS. Ken

  3. #3burns2018-02-05 03:16

    i have the sis d&a but it doesn't tell me if I have to remove the diff steer motor,that all im concerned about, will hopefully pulling it apart on thursday

  4. #4Nige2018-02-05 08:28

    You don't need to remove the diff steer motor to get the transmission out. If the tractor is equipped with a ripper you'll have to drop the ripper shank in order to get the ripper frame low enough so that the transmission goes over the top of it as it slides out of the case.