Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D-Ring Seals on lines out of valve bank

225d Cat ยท 2012-09-21 11:53

Hello! I have hydraulic oil leaking from the lines on the top of the valve bank on the old 225D Cat excavator. I would say they are hard from the heat over the years. I have new ones now and plan to chane them all out. I assume that the valves are all closed and the only oil I will lose is what is in the lines. What I am wondering is will there be any valves that could be open and possibly let oil through the pump from the tank. Should I pump out the tank? Also, what should I do about air in the system after new seals are in? Just run it slow and work the air out? Thanks!!

Replies1
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-09-21 12:58

    Yes drain the tank, change all of your filters, clean out debris from behind the screen in the main filter canister. Try to get a pump with a filter on it to put oil back in with if it,s good. Replace every line seal and plug seal on both valves, would be a good time to reseal the main relief combiner and summing valve, it's all in one piece but be carefull taking it apart. Get everything back together right. Later Bob