Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D11 fuel consuption

willd8r ยท 2011-06-05 03:49

I'm on a D11R pushing topsoil and using 1500 liters of fuel in a 9 hrs day working on a 10 degree slope The mine I work at supply the fuel and say It's using to much and it should do 12 hrs on a tank are they right. The dozer is one of the best I have driven performance wise so may be it's a bit more than 850 hp cheers

Replies10
  1. #1CAT7932011-06-05 05:17

    Is it a 9TR OR 7PZ D-elephant...??? Honestly I have a lot of trouble believing your figures. 1500 Litres in 9 Hours is 166 LPH. That is 3516 Fuel Burn from a 3508. In my experience a D11R will sip at 90 to 110 LPH in an average Job. FULL Stall Jobs will touch on 140 LPH. I have never seen a D11R suck a Tank of "Motion Lotion" dry in less than 12 Hours.

  2. #2Vantage_TeS2011-06-06 01:29

    That seems a bit whack, is it blowing a lot of black smoke? You have some sort of issue if you're going through that much fuel. What are your air filters looking like?

  3. #3willd8r2011-06-06 02:26

    Yes it blows black smoke only when winding up just for a few seconds though new filters It may of been opened up for more power. Can this be done on these motors easily I have been on it a while but manly ripping rock and fuel use didn't appear excessive Two of us operate it 3 days 3 off we both get the same hrs out of a tank I is a extremely good pusher but I thought more fuel dosen't allways give more power dose it. I will get the serial no when I go back to work. Cheers

  4. #4rare ss2011-06-06 07:35

    I'd be getting oil samples of the engine oil done ASAP for fuel dilution mate, thats burning way too much fuel

  5. #5Gavin84w2011-06-07 07:29

    If it has a U blade and 32" plates and is pushing solid all day you would be surprised what she will burn. The other thing is if it is a 8ZR (770HP) and it has had a later engine installed (850HP), well the 8ZR has a smaller fuel tank compared to later machines so possibly something going on there.

  6. #6willd8r2011-06-08 06:47

    Checked out everything today all good. The A team did some research and concluded that in the conditions I am working in 150 liters p/h is ok It is 850 hp U blade beautiful pushing I have been on a few of these mainly ripping / pushing rock and for some reason this one performs exceptionally well It has series 3 on it if that means anything or may be someone stuck it on. Sort sounds like a V8 Mack

  7. #7Gavin84w2011-06-08 08:17

    With series 3 on it i know this is something done by the QLD Cat dealer, Hastings Deering, you are in QLD i assume then? It would be a 7PZ serial number machine and you can get a large tank for them but it looks dog ugly IMO.

  8. #8willd8r2011-06-09 06:22

    It came from QLD The group I work for wanted one in a hurry for a job in Hunter so that explains it all Cheers

  9. #9Gavin84w2011-06-10 07:01

    Who are you with in the valley?

  10. #10DIRTROAD2011-06-10 08:27

    I thought you hardcore D11 guys might enjoy this pic. I saw this D11R headed down the highway the other day.