Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D11 Meets and Moves a Mound of Dirt

DiggerDaze ยท 2014-06-09 22:59

The CAT gets a good bite of moist ground and fills the blade on this run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZsh3fqkRc

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1Garrie Denny2014-06-11 02:09

    looks like coal tailings to me

  2. #2ben46a2014-06-11 19:08

    You are correct garrie, its an open pit coal mine. Digger, did they ever get the vandalized 11 fixed up?

  3. #3DiggerDaze2014-06-12 10:21

    Yup coal tailing although some were a bit moist.

  4. #4DiggerDaze2014-06-12 10:33

    I think I saw the two D11s on the go. The mine is getting so large it takes a good zoom lens to see if it's the 11 or the D8 at a distance from the now double fenced with barbed wire boundary. I only found out about the damage after talking with someone I know who works there. Apparently some shots were fired through machine windows after they found they couldn't break them with rocks, wires cut inside the cab and a fire extinguisher chemical sprayed all over. Not too much was said local except that damage was done. A few locals don't like the dust and noise but they're not the types that would break out the firearms.