A few years ago I was told about 2 d11s jointed side by side and used for landclearing around Central Queensland. The engines were boosted to 1100hp each, counterweight on the rear weighed 20 tons, stickrake 60-80ft wide. Apparently it was built in a workshop in Ipswich and they had to cut end out of the shed to get the tractor out and takes 3-4 weeks to disassemble and reassemble when shifting to new a site. Anyone up that way seen or heard of this dozer, Scrub Puller?
Yair . . . Tones . I too heard those stories and believe they were an aberration of Don Mearns modified D11's . . . I could see no point at all in putting D11's side by side . . . and can barely see the point in Don Mearns outfit actually. The whole exercise does not stack up. Theoretically once on site and ploughing it may well pencil out real good but those big jobs to justify it can be scarce and you have to get it there and the plow and keep the darn thing going . . . I think it would be more realistic for a contractor to go with the single wing mounted on the D10 single tyne ripper. There were a couple out round Billoe and they seem to go real well. Cheers.