Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D11 Value Estimator( Need a Professional Operator)

IROND ยท 2015-07-31 12:12

I'd like to buy a couple of Dozer! I need a professional Value Estimator. It's desirable and very important that estimator has to know the equipment especially D 11 Type (N,R,T) Need a professional owner, operator and who knows the machine inside and out. The Machines are located in PA i will supply the info we can arrange a meeting in Central PA . Please PM for further details ! Thank you Best Regards

Replies12
  1. #1roddyo2015-07-31 13:00

    The three 11's in Edmonton brought around 160k if my memory still works.

  2. #2Dickjr.2015-07-31 13:38

    Call the CAT dealer in PA and hire them to do an assessment. I'm curious since your in CA why purchase a D11 in PA. Logistics seems like it would be a nightmare and there should be some D11 for sale in AZ or a lot closer than PA. Try ironplanet auctions. They seem to always have some larger dozers for sale. I wonder if this is "fishing".

  3. #3IROND2015-07-31 13:50

    Fishing? The cost of these machines in California starts at around $500k. Logistics wisely the machines will be exported to another continent that's why they have to be closer to the East Cost. CAT Dealer wont help because they have nothing to do with the used equipment and even if they do i would rather talk to the actual owner than dealer! Thank you

  4. #4IROND2015-07-31 13:53

    before accusing a person.. try to get as much info as you can before doing so.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-07-31 15:04

    In my experience the CAT service departments are happy to do machine assessments, oil samples, etc. and are usually honest and helpful. If you run serial numbers past them they can usually pull up reams of information containing owner history, warranty and service bulletin notes, major component exchanges, etc. These big machines especially it seems like the dealers are always involved in keeping them producing, they're just too expensive to own to not have dealer support involved. Just my $.02

  6. #6IROND2015-07-31 15:19

    The reason why cat is not involved because these machines over 25 years old. These are located in the remote location. The condition is not that good... they are a bit beat up. They've been abandoned and been sitting for a few years. Caterpillar don't want to do anything they said they have been repaired by them back in 1994 other than that they never heard from them anymore. They said they have been maintained by the owners or local shops

  7. #7lantraxco2015-07-31 15:28

    I guess those East coasters just aren't as helpful as us loggers in the NorthWet

  8. #8Delmer2015-07-31 15:43

    That's a pretty good explanation of what you need somebody to inspect. And it sounds like Cat told you most of the story, that is that they may not have been maintained since 94. I can't help, except to say that fluid samples are still worthwhile. Go to a Cat dealer and buy a box or two of SOS kits, it will be the cheapest information you can get on the machines. That assumes you can get them started and operating enough to get good fluid samples. If they don't operate all bets are off.

  9. #9John C.2015-07-31 19:06

    I suspect the Cat dealer would be happy to inspect them for their regular field rate and make a list of repairs and likely provide costs estimates for accomplishing them. I also suspect they are not going to put a dollar value to the machines as a whole which seems to be what is being asked for. The key statement is that the machines would be going out of the country and that they are old. All that tells me that there is little if any money to be made in the deal so these expenses must be kept at a minimum.

  10. #10Dickjr.2015-07-31 19:46

    500k for a non running machine that is remotely located sounds high. I forgot California doesn't have shipping ports. 150k for a non running D11 still sounds high , but at the same time this would be a 300 k transaction plus dismantle and shipping prep etc. I think if I were doing a 300k plus deal I would make the trip myself to inspect these machines. I never seen a CAT dealer that wouldn't do an inspection for a fee. Even in remote locations. By remote location are we talking flying in , drive in a jeep or hiking? The more info provided the more these guys could help.

  11. #11kshansen2015-07-31 20:31

    Just wondering how "remote" a location can be in Penn.? I've rode around that state many times in a car and motorcycle. Granted there are places I would not want to have to walk out of on foot but same goes for many places in New York and many people from other states think New York is one big paved over parking lot!

  12. #12lantraxco2015-07-31 22:22

    Maybe it's so remote it's actually in Canada, which is why nobody want's to go there, LOL!