Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D171Q-R – # on rails. Anyone know which machine these rails fit ?

jb1 ยท 2012-03-27 10:26

Thx, jb

Replies7
  1. #1Huntoon2012-03-27 11:13

    Komatsu maybe?

  2. #2QuickTrax2012-03-27 12:30

    That # is probably off of a small Deere excavator. Probably a 490D or E. The 490 D/E has a 5/8 bolt hole and a 6.75" pitch (center to center of pins). If it is this chain, it will also fit a Cat 312. Good Luck, Quicktrax

  3. #3CRAFT2012-03-27 13:38

    Really ! ..... if this is true that would open up a whole new ball game for me ...... I am almost due to re-rail my 312, and I would start shopping now at some other places .......... but I thought that the 490's rail width was narrower and the drive sprockets wider/thicker on the 312 ..... the pitch might be the same but I'll have to check that out .....hmmmm... thanx

  4. #4jb12012-03-27 15:52

    QuickTrax your dimensions are correct, thanks. Bolt pattern is 4.25 across (both pair) Craft - these rails are probably not going to work for me if you are interested I'm in Salmon Arm, my email - [email protected]

  5. #5QuickTrax2012-03-27 16:59

    Ya, I forgot to mention the square bolt hole pattern. The only reason I know this is because I have 490E and 312 tracks in my shop at the same time for P/B.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2012-03-27 20:11

    I am going to hi-jack this for a moment: Do one of you track pros know if tracks from a 235 Cat, 32K serial#, fit on a Cat 330BL? Also, as a follow up, do any of the dozer sizes match up to the 330BL. Thanks in advance for the help.

  7. #7QuickTrax2012-03-28 14:53

    The Cat 235 s/n-32k chain is the same as a D7E,F,G as well as a few others. It will not fit the Cat 330BL.