This is a picture of my dad's TD-25C, taken several years ago. He's had mostly IH Dresser dozers his whole life.
working on picture
List price in 1968 was $58,000. We run TD-20Gs now since they are lighter and easier to haul.
This is it. It's a 1968 model one of the first 50 off the line. This is right after my dad painted it in 1988 or so. He sold it shortly after. That's my dad driving.
Looks very nice! Looking forward to painting my Td-25g
I operated a TD-25G once. They really push dirt.
I would agree they can move some dirt,down in low range first I don't think I ever stopped the 28" tracks with 3" grousers 14' 6" u blade on hard pack. even with that kta-1150 turned down to 425 hp lol.
425 hp wow. We have a TD-20E with 275 hp, I thought that was a lot. My dad put a L10 in the 20E, (just like a G), but it come out of a dump truck, so that's why it had more horsepower. I did get the 20E to stop spinning the tracks though. There was this giant rock on a hill by a guys lane. Dad pulled it down the hill with the Komatsu 250-6 excavator. But once it was on the ground dad pulled while I pushed with the 20E. It was all we could do to move it one corner at a time. I would lift the blade while pushing to get more traction. One time I even pushed on the back of dad's bucket. Perfect job for the old 20E.
425hp may seem like a lot but rember a L10 is 10 liter 610 cubic inch. a kta1150 is 19L 1150 cubic inch. 6.25" bore+6.25" stroke almost twice the size of a L10. I don't think a L10 was ever put in a td25g from factory.
Our 20G's have L10s. They are normally rated between 225 and 250 horsepower. Sorry for the confusion. A TD-40C has a 1150 in it rated at 500+ hp.