Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D20a-6 starter identification .

Jerwade ยท 2014-10-27 20:36

Have a d20a dozer serial 63xxx parts book shows number as 600-813-3170. All good except that is Not the starter that is on my machine . Mine has no nose on it. Photo attached !

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-27 22:05

    Most likely a YM129910-77020 it appears to be for a newer machine, late -7 I think.

  2. #2Jerwade2014-10-28 09:17

    It could be I guess but mine is 24volt not 12volt. Will keep hunting. Thanks for any help.

  3. #3lantraxco2014-10-28 13:30

    Yup, I missed that. Figures Kommie would sneak a 12V machine model in there somewhere. Sorry about that.

  4. #4Jerwade2014-10-28 18:39

    No luck with starter maybe little better with the solenoid. I believe that is what's is wrong with the Starter . Am posting picture. It's 53mm round.

  5. #5Jerwade2014-10-28 19:36

    Starter Will try to post image again

  6. #6lantraxco2014-10-28 23:08

    Question: what's it doing/not doing?

  7. #7Jerwade2014-10-29 10:08

    Starter Just makes a click. Has power but will not run. If it is jumped across the post it runs. But solenoid Will not engage. There is not way I can locate replacement if I do not have part number.

  8. #8Southbasin2014-10-29 11:28

    Safety Switch I had this problem with a D-21A-7 (12 volt). After replacing solenoid discovered it was the safety switch. I just by-passed the switch with a starter button. There is an after market solenoid available for about half of the Komatsu price. My solenoid looked just like the one you posted. Good Luck

  9. #9Jerwade2014-10-29 17:42

    Thanks,but mine is 24volt and I still need part number. My parts book shows different starter than The one I have. Also mine has not safety switch. I can turn and hold key and jump across main Lugs and it start right up.

  10. #10lantraxco2014-10-29 19:57

    I can't find any 24 volt starters in that style, doesn't mean there isn't one. Begs the question though if the one you have is actually 12 volt? No numbers on it anywhere?

  11. #11Jerwade2014-10-29 21:36

    No numbers at all not even casting numbers.