Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D21P-7 mystery button

Dwbinc ยท 2014-02-16 19:54

I just removed the metal cover over the drive and throttle controls, found a two wire button stashed below that is supposed to be mounted in the cover behind the tranny speed lever. Does anybody know what this button is for????? Also, the speed control lever seems to be locked or maybe stuck. Other than that, the machine runs fine....

Replies5
  1. #1AllDodge2014-02-16 20:57

    I don't know your type of machine but pics help a bunch. Maybe find where the wires go may help also

  2. #2DJK2014-02-16 21:20

    Sound like its for the green gear indicator on dash if it's what I'm thinking of...

  3. #3Dwbinc2014-02-17 06:56

    I will get a couple pics of the control area, and trace the wire, while it's sunny and 60 here today, thanks y'all.....

  4. #4Dwbinc2014-02-17 12:17

    I have done some investigating, the mystery button wiring is interconnected with the steering safety lockout arm switch. Have not pushed it while machine is running yet though. The picture is of the tranny valve body, the piston on the left is stuck, the linkage leading to the supposed transmission speed lever is all working fine. The piston on the right is the forward and reverse, this moves with ease. Should I try to pry the stuck one loose? How much force should be needed without harming the piston, o-rings, ect?? Seems as though the tranny is stuck in low range. All the best.

  5. #5DJK2014-02-17 15:53

    Gental pry will move it easily providing linkage isn't seized