I'm helping a friend get his old D3 running. Right now it can shift into reverse and that's it. Took the plates off by the pedals. You can manually grab the linkage and shift thru the three forward gears. Any info or pictures as to how the shift linkage and shifter go together would be great. 79U3317 is the serial#.
There is a complicated mechanisim on the shift linkage. It converts a straight line shift into a U shift patern. Take the covers off the lever and figure it out then adjust to make it work. Later Bob
I have some adjustment information for this shift linkage. Unfortunately it's difficult to post here in a form that will be readable. Send me a PM with an e-mail address that I can send it to - you'll need to have 3 posts before you can do that so make a couple of test posts on this thread to get your post count up, then it should work fine.
The cover was taken off already, so I know of the mechanism you guys are talking about it'll only engage reverse. What keeps the shift linkage together is it dowel pins or something like that? Another question I have is what would you recommend to free up seized tracks? This machine hasn't been ran in 10+ years.
Another question regarding this D3 is hydraulic filter location? I found the one next to the hydraulic tank, is there another filter or screen?
Got the shift linkage figured out the section that engaged the forward gears was in upside down. Just unbolt the rod it's connected to and flipped it around and it was as easy as that. I'm not a fan of working on things that have been tore apart before I ever get to see it.