Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7F 92E Decel pedal

chuck767 ยท 2013-08-07 12:04

Anyone know what could cause the Decel pedal to not return the power back to max when the pedal is released? I thought it was a sticky flex cable from the pedal to governor but after taking it out and making sure it work smoothly the problem persisted.

Replies11
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-08-07 17:21

    The ratchet on the linkage is supposed to hold the lever in full throttle while the peddal compresses the spring and reduces the rpm. Take it apart and clean it up, reassemble it dry to get it to hold full throttle and not slip. Later Bob

  2. #2chuck7672013-08-07 20:50

    Bob, when you say "take it apart and clean it up" are you speaking of something inside the governor or something external and part of the linkage mechanism? Thanks, Chuck

  3. #3Bob/Ont2013-08-07 21:30

    I was talking about a round piece on a cross shaft in the linkage. If you have what I think there should be a piece 2 1/2" in dia held together with 4 bolts. It has rollers and springs inside. They are a pain to get right on a good day. They hold the throttle where you put it then allow you to decel against a spring and then throttle returns to setting. Later Bob

  4. #4chuck7672013-08-08 01:05

    Bob, I think I have not correctly described what my problem actually is. With the throttle at full power and when I take my foot off the decel pedal, the pedal does not come back all the way and thus the rpm does not return to full power. If I pull the pedal back with the toe of my boot, the rpms to back up to full power. Even though I removed the cable from the decel pedal to the governor and was able to get it freed up, I'm now thinking it is not moving freely enough. I need to take it off again, cycle it until it has no frictional resistance then see if it helps. Thank for inputs to fixing my problem. Regards, Chuck

  5. #5d9gdon2013-08-08 08:10

    I thought that the D7F used linkages from the pedal to the governor, not a cable. Does yours look like this one? You can see the linkage rod from the dash to the pump. That linkage at the dash(you can't see all of it in picture) is over $1000 from Cat.

  6. #6chuck7672013-08-08 09:49

    NO, mine has a cable. I will get a photo of it later today. The parts book I have shows a set up like your photo but mine is different. My S/N is D7F 92E995 and the machine was actually built in Japan by Caterpillar/Mitsubishi corp.

  7. #7d9gdon2013-08-08 14:05

    No wonder I couldn't look it up in SIS, it's a grey market machine. Here's the picture of a 93N D7F that should be the same: Maybe that'll help some, I know you can't read the part numbers. I can on my end.

  8. #8chuck7672013-08-08 23:39
  9. #9Nige2013-08-09 10:00

    For future lubrication after cleaning with brake cleaner try some dry film lube. These are usually graphite-based and dry to a non-sticky film that does not attract dust.

  10. #10d9gdon2013-08-09 12:24

    I do not doubt that and I'm not an expert but I think the 92E was built for the Asian market. Someone could have bought it new from that market(and it could have been a company owned by NC Machinery) for a lot less money because of the monetary exchange rate and shipped it over here to be sold and used in North America. Since equipment doesn't have titles, I can see how NC Machinery could have achieved that. I have heard of that being done. At least you got it fixed.

  11. #11chuck7672013-08-10 22:35

    I think you're correct since all the instruction placards are in Japanese.