Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3 Steering clutch/band

southernman13 ยท 2008-10-26 18:57

neighbor has a d3 that needs new sterring bands, someone already tore it down and left with the money, i can buy it right, how hard is this repair, he says it goes forward and back just fine, i dont have the s/n but i looked at it earlier and its a d3,thanks

Replies4
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-10-26 19:01

    Not a difficult replacement procedure. Follow the repair manual step by step and you should be fine.

  2. #2southernman132008-10-26 19:30

    thanks

  3. #3Greg2008-11-02 20:10

    easy to do. You don't even have to remove the seat, just flip it up and pull the covers.

  4. #4chasman2008-11-06 21:07

    Not to hijack here but I am replacing the clutches and other associated wear parts in my D3 and am wondering if aftermarket parts are OK. I really hate to have to tear into it again but for example the prices I am getting quoted from cat for the friction discs are $65 a piece versus $15 each for aftermarket. Thanks