project dozer. what would cause both steering yokes to break? I was changing clutch discs, pulled cover off and both sides had broken yokes?? I assume clutch pack locked up and would not compress.. but both sides?? anyway does anyone have source for part # 1132222141 or what caused the failure?
How were you operating it when they failed and did they both fail at the same time ?
I bought it as project. Engine was supposed to be the issue. Rebuild engine complete. Was going to change clutch packs and found both sides have broken yokes. Note that brake bands and clutches are like new. Someone changed them and broke the yoke's am trying to figure out what caused the broken yokes. I am scratching my head as I don't see a obvious cause.
Had the yokes been replaced with the wrong ones when the brakes and clutches were repaired ? There may be a part number we can compare on them . Is that the number on the yoke you supplied
You can get them here but they are on back order. 113-22-22141 - YOKE fits KOMATSU Buy 113-22-22141 YOKE fits KOMATSU at AFTERMARKET.SUPPLY aftermarket.supply Check that your tractor serial number is within those on the chart......if you have the time to wait for them to become available, And you like their price.
I think the correct yokes are what broke. I ordered used yokes and they sent the wrong ones they were not as tall, so they found what l have -a pair of 22141 unfortunately one has a slight crack at the ball weld already. I have a couple thoughts of causing break. 1, over pressure of hydraulic system through slave cylinder. 2, clutch pack not compressing to release clutches. I ordered hydraulic pressure gauges and will check pressure @ steering valve, Pressure should be around 350 psi. I have a feeling that 350 psi will break the yoke if yoke if it comes against a block, so now I doubt pressure is the problem. Does anyone know how many pounds of pressure it takes to compress the clutch pack, I can try to put it in a shop press. Also how far should it compress, I would think around a half inch but I don't have a clue.
There are 8 bolts that hold the clutch pack together. There are 16 springs, 8 narrow that fit inside the 8 larger ones. There are 8 steel tubes that sit inside the springs. If I torque down the 8 bolts it seem like it would compress all the way down to the tube giving a complete no give situation. Book says to carefully (press with special tool) compress spring pack then torque bolts then release special tool. Sure seems like if you torque down spring pack it would compress the springs completely closed.. again causing a locked up no movement spring pack??? Any input would be great. I jerry-rigged a press to compress spring pack it was a pain to get everything lined up and together.