Hey folks. Once again, thanks for the wealth of info here! Such a blessing. I am rebuilding this tilt cylinder and am confused on what seals to get. I was told that the blade was not original to the machine, so I cannot go off of dozer serial number. The only complete number I can find on the cylinder is on the housing the holds the wipe seals in place. The number appears to be a faint "A" followed by 8J334. The rod OD is 3" and the seal housing ID is 3.75". The seals appear to be a chevron stack with no numbers on them. I have never rebuilt one of these, so I am uncertain where to get just the wipe seals/chevron stack, and what part numbers I am looking for. Any help is appreciated! Yeah, I know the rod has some galling on it...
The "8" is actually a "6" so the Part Number is today's nomenclature is 6J-0334. Attached is a parts drawing of a cylinder containing a 6J-0334 Head. I can't guarantee the rest of the parts will be the same as your cylinder but certainly the head (#19) and the chevron seals/packing (#13-15) will be.
Wow! So helpful Nige! Thanks!