Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D31E-18 Komatsu Dozer Final Drive Shaft

cyberfly77 ยท 2012-09-11 12:11

I just recently purchased a 1991 Komatsu D31E-18 that had a bad Right hand final, I'm getting ready to attempt to remove it and need to know how to remove the shaft coming out of the dozer going into the final drive, or if anyone might have a diagram of the surronding parts that would help too. Also I'm looking for used parts as well if anyone has a parts machine. Does anyone know best place to buy a front idler, adjusting fork or yoke, 37 chain and grousers and a rear sprocket?

Replies1
  1. #1JFoshee2012-10-04 22:07

    Remove steering clutch assembly on that side. Once removed the flange will have a locking plate and a nut to be removed. There is a specific dimension that this goes on to the shaft. I personally have not removed this, but I did buy a manual on cd that tells how to do it. I tried to copy the page, but could not. It was only about $35. A good investment if you plan to keep the machine.