I just recently purchased a 1991 Komatsu D31E-18 that had a bad Right hand final, I'm getting ready to attempt to remove it and need to know how to remove the shaft coming out of the dozer going into the final drive, or if anyone might have a diagram of the surronding parts that would help too. Also I'm looking for used parts as well if anyone has a parts machine. Does anyone know best place to buy a front idler, adjusting fork or yoke, 37 chain and grousers and a rear sprocket?
There was a guy on Houston craigslist parting out a d31 but I don't remember which series
Finally got a parts and service manual from my local Komatsu dealer, removed my final drive and steering clutch pack. Installed new bearings in the final drive with new bearings on the axle as well and then replaced all the seals. Then after getting it all back together I decieded to replace all of the undercarriage parts including the Front Idler, adjusting yoke, all 5 of the bottom rollers, rear spocket and a new set of ITR SALT track chains with new 400mm Grousers. It was alot of work over several weekends to complete but well worth it and I enjoyed doing it and learning how my machine is designed, I have a much better understanding of how it is engineered. I purchased the ITR track chains and grousers from Value Parts, they have a great 4500 hr warranty and I purchased my Idler, bottom rollers and rear sprocket new from a company in TX that are China made items, I thought I would be saving a little money on them this way but instead I regret it because they are such poor quaility, I wanted to return them but the company wouldn't let me, I diff wish I spent the extra money on the USA made parts like the ITR track chains but I will have to live with my decision for now. When I order my left track parts I am diff going with everything ITR parts. With the new parts on the right side its a whole lot quieter and I now only have some popping coming from the left track which is worn out and has a few cracked pins. I will be replacing the left side in a couple months when I can afford to replace everything at the same time.