Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D31S-16 Dozer Shovel – Track question?

Mobilehomie ยท 2011-12-13 16:04

We picked up this little gem for positioning houses on site, and through rough terrain where we can't get an over the road truck. Looking to get "Street Pads" for the tracks. There are holes in each grouser that looks like it would accept a bolt on pad. Where would I start looking for these, of course price is always an issue. Follow the links below for pictures of the machine and tracks (13" by the way..) With hydrolic hitch replacing ripper (rippers for sale btw..) Track Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1JimInOz2011-12-15 23:16

    Hi MH, Nice sample of a good machine. I own a similar loader,& am doing a final drive repair.I have been told they were a good performer.Will find out soon... The Parts & Repair books come up on eBay often....but at silly prices. I got a (Serial#29,000 Up) Parts Book for $40. I really need the 25,000 Up book,but I ain't paying $150 for it.Most stuff is the same anyway. If you need traction, Triple Grousers plates are gonna be minimum requirement.It's a balance betweeen traction & road damage in your industry,I suspect. I'd like to see some pictures of her in action soon....Good Luck. Try HEF member Quicktracks for U/C . Jim