Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D37p-5 Transmission

jvtrucking ยท 2014-02-26 08:53

Hey, all, new guy here from Texas. This is a nice place y'all got here! I have a question: I got this D37p-5 dozer all in pieces and I am rebuilding the transmission. I have the transmission out of its case and I'm trying to check the piston pressures out before I get into tearing that whole thing apart. I'd like to avoid that if possible. My question is: how do I check the forward and reverse pistons to see if they work? I've successfully checked 1,2, and 3rd gears with no problems, but the same procedure lends me no results with forward and reverse. All I hear is the sound of the air blowing through, but nothing happens. I don't know if this will help, but the transmission is a Komatsu 114-15-00511. Any help y'all could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1jvtrucking2014-02-27 11:40

    okay, so I tore it apart anyway... now I need some parts. does anybody know the difference between the komatsu transmissions of the numbers: 114-15-00511 and 114-15-00510. They look so similar, I can't tell the difference. I wonder if I can use the parts from the"00510 for my "00511. Anybody?

  2. #2JIM VILARDI2014-02-28 11:15

    Usually the p/n advances when the factory makes a change to the part. It could be minor and no noticeable difference to the eye. In this case I see no major changes. Your F&R pack probably let air through because the seals in the pack were no good.