Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3B blade and c-frame removal

A10ECGent ยท 2010-04-11 11:55

I know I posted this in someone else's topic but here goes again. I have just bought an 87ish D3B. I want to remove the c-frame and blade to do some repairs. Several of the bushing pins have been welded in and the bushings need to be replaced so I figure it will be easier if I seperate it. Anyone got any tips before I do this. Thanks Greg

Replies2
  1. #1Greg2010-04-13 13:06

    Blade is easy to pull off. Did it on mine. Worst part is unhooking the hydraulics. Pop the bolts and back the tractor out. "SHEBANG" and it is off.

  2. #2A10ECGent2010-04-13 13:36

    well I got it off last night. everything came good except the left knuckle on the crossmember, it took a little persuasion from a sledge hammer. now its time to start grinding out pins that have been welded in and rerplacing bushings.