Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3B drive problem

Digwizz ยท 2009-06-19 23:00

My D3B stalls on the right track under less load than the left track especially after it warms up a little. It has wet steering clutches. Does anyone know what is causing this. I'm hoping for an adjustment instead of tear down! Please send your thoughts. Thanks, Mike

Replies3
  1. #1SterlingR2009-06-21 21:06

    First things first. It sounds like both sides will stop driving but the left side stops driving before the right. Is that correct? I guess I(we) need a little more information before any assumptions are made. Describe what you are doing and what is happening. We will get back with you.

  2. #2Digwizz2009-06-21 22:35

    If I'm pushing a blade full of dirt and want to turn to the right the left track will stop driving. If I want to turn left, the right track will usually spin if the load is too great.

  3. #3SterlingR2009-06-22 06:59

    It sounds to me like the drive clutch is slipping. I would check to make sure linkage is free in the back and not stuck in the partially disengaged position. It sounds like clutch slippage to me and that is an internal repair. Hopefully someone else will chime in, it's been 15 years since I have been in a D3B.