I'm looking at this older dozer which is in decent shape except for oil burning and poor power.I guess its just getting tired.I have found no numbers to identify the engine and it doesn't look like a 466 engine.Would anyone know what was used in these dozers in the early 70's and can I replace this motor with a 466.I have had only good luck with the 466 engine. Thanks for any help
Early model 15Bs had the DT 361 later ones had the DT407. The 361 had the turbo mounted across the top of the engine , the 407 was in line, hope this is a bit of help.
I have a td 15 b oil field tractor.I am not sure of the year.It's a late 1960's or early 1970's dozer.It has the turbocharged inline 6 cylinder engine.I was thinking it was 414 cubic inch.Blaster,if the undercarrige and dozer look good,I am sure you can still get an in frame rebuild kit for the engine.The td 15 is a great midsize tractor.
Blaster, I have a IH500 crawler with a BD154 (4cyl.) diesel engine that I just rebuilt. The in frame kit was pretty cheap, like 4 or 500.00 bucks! I got it from Redlandhill.com You should go over to Redpowermagazine.com It's nothing but IH equipment, nice knowledgable people too like this forum, but like I said it's IH only. Good Luck! Jeff S
Thank you for all the information and help.It is in i'd think good condition for the past number of years it has only hauled logs out of the woods.Thanks again for all the help
It has the DT 361 engine, I needed a scot air pack to sit in it when it started.They had mentioned it burned more oil than diesel.I have tried our International shop up here looking for I guess an in frame kit for her but no luck.Would anyone know where I might look for the parts? Thanks
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/YOUR-EN...fsubZ3QQ_sidZ180128711?_nkw=361&submit=Search
This outfit is on the opposite side of Canada from you, but might be worth a try. http://www.brownihc.com/
are the 175 internationals any good?
Haven't been around one for years, but they are darn good machines. The Z link bucket arms were a very tough setup. The 175C had an improved torque convertor.
I am looking for Caterpillar 966A (2 nos) in reasonable condition and reasonable price. Please email me at : [email protected] . Other HE will be considered too.
TD-15 B Engine Hello, I have a TD20B dozer from the 60's. It has a DT 429 engine. Ask a Komatsu dealer for the engine size in your 15B. It may be similar to the 429 engine. Mike
I believe the 361 is the correct model. It was a good little engine, but as calibrated for the TD15B, underpowered. The later 407 was better, and if you could shoehorn a 466 into it, that would be excellent. Late models use a Cummins engine, of which I can speak no good about. I liked all the 15's I ever ran, particularly with a straight blade. Did not like the angle blade models. Too much blade for the weight, traction, and low power of a 15B. The 175 was an excellent track loader, much better than the 955 Cat and easier to operate. The only problem I ever had with them was that the two boom hoist cylinders were rather prone to popping the seals off the pistons in hot and heavy loading. Well, I guess I remember the hydraulic pumps being a bit weak as well and wearing rapidly under the same conditions. Good Luck!
I urgently require CAT 966A 2 NOS or Equivalent x 2 . Email me at [email protected] I am in Surrey BC, Canada
I have a TD15 B bulldozer with a 407 series motor which has a hole in the block . Is the 407 motor used in any model of tractor or combine harvester, or is there any other motor that would fit easily? Thanks
I think some td 15b had a DT358 engines in them it was a german built IH
Ih 175C Is iT A 175 B or C. They are essentially the same as the TD 15B or C of the same era. They are a great crawler loader which were also outfitted with a feller buncher for the logging industry. Lost of [parts still available.
If your looking for a ih d-361 remember that IH also overpopulated this country with farm tractors. Your 361 is setting in an 806 or 1206 diesel somewhere. 407's can be found in 856 & 1256. Now Ih wasnt know to change alot of stuff for fun and games, I believe bolt patterns are the same from the d-282 all the way thru the dti-466's. One of the best ih tractor motor was the 414 turbo, motor to the 1066 tractor, without turbo, 966 tractor. If your willing to put in a red motor, you should be able to find a running motor for $2500.
I am a farm tractor mechanic with plenty of experience working on the D361 and D407 engines. They are VERY good engines which were used in wheeled tractor models such as 806 (D361), 856 (D407), 1256(DT407), 1456(DT407) and some old IH combines. I may be a little off on displacement to model... These engines are heavy built with internally balanced heavy crankshafts, dry press in sleeves, with a Roosa Master injection pump. Go to CaseIH parts website and enter D-361, or D-407 (i think it needs the dash) and you can pull up a full breakdown of the engine. These engines are easy to get parts for from ag dealers and aftermarket ag parts catalogs. The D(T) 414, 36, and 66 is a much bigger and longer block and would not fit (tractor frame rails are longer to accomodate) and had sleeve cavitation problems and sleeves would break off at bottom o ring groove. The DT 429 in the TD20B is a much larger engine in a larger machine and I was told engine parts (bearings, rings) are no longer made for them (have one, want a Cat)