Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3B Transmission parts sources?

BushMike · 2026-02-03 07:30

Looking for info on reputable sources for replacement parts for the D3B transmission. If I end up pulling the engine for rebuild, I want to bring the tranny up to snuff at the same time. I think at a minimum, I want to replace all the clutch/disc plates, springs, piston rings and seals. Cant get my local CAT dealer to even return a phone call…..

Replies4
  1. #1AllDodge2026-02-03 07:58

    That's unusual, maybe call another one nearby The parts can be looked up, but will need your serial number Can get a Sis account and look up the parts your self

  2. #2Nige2026-02-03 08:13

    If you had a Parts Manual you could search for parts online, or even approach your local dealer with a “shopping list”. Just sayin’ Search for Cat Publication reference XEBP9819. Here's one on eBay

  3. #3BushMike2026-02-03 09:23

    Nige, I do have the original Cat Parts Manual SEBP-1252-02 (Dec 1988) as well as the original CAT factory service manual. I can certainly look up parts online and was hoping to get some feedback on preferred vendors.

  4. #4Welder Dave2026-02-05 18:14

    Is there a problem with the transmission? I'd cut the filter apart and look for contamination before just tearing it apart. I have a 3F/1R in my 931B. The trans. came out with the engine. The shop that rebuilt the engine checked the screen and it was clean with no black flakes. They said that's a good indication the trans. is good. Never had any problems with the transmission. Machine has about 5600 hours on it.